Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Website integrated with Facebook group...

Website integrated with Facebook group... 13 years 2 months ago #770

• Lohan Grobler
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi guys,

I've done some work on my Facebook group page and tried to ad a design element to it so that it looks uniform to my website. I have attached the FB link to my status, but if future visitors want to view the link: Proud Creations Facebook Group

I know there isn't much freedom to ad designs to the Facebook page, but hey, I tried... (Some friends like it)

Check out my website to compare the two: Proud Creations Website

I think I have a cool website... but I don't get much visitors to my site. So please give your honest critic... and any advise to drive some traffic to my site and to keep visitors entertained.

Thank you in advance.

Ps. Dylan, can I ad a link to my status? It's not spam... I promise.
Lohan Grobler
Proud Creations
www.proudcreations.com
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Website integrated with Facebook group... 13 years 2 months ago #771

• Kim
  • MSB Junior Member
Looks really good to me, you are very talented.I heard but have never tested it though but if you google search yourself fairly often you manage to increase the likelihood of your website being higher up in the list when the search displays. Maybe someone can confirm if this is true or rubbish.

Re: Website integrated with Facebook group... 13 years 2 months ago #782

• Paul John Gioio
  • MSB Junior Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Social media is here to stay whether we like it or not. Infact Facebook is now planning a stage in its development where it will display facebook user comments straight from facebook servers into webpages. They are currently speaking to many media partners to incorporate their user comments widget into media partners websites.

This however is where the problem starts. Facebook loves the fact that users spend most of their time on their website and will always continue to bring users back onto the website even if they are other people's websites. They make their money from ad impressions on facebook.

There is a problem using facebbok fanpages to advertise ur website. When people use ur fanpage, ads from advertisers will be displayed and if ur "competitors" are advertising on there chancers are that ur visitors will most likely move over to them.

If i were u i would focus my attention on working on the SEO for ur website to draw more traffic to ur site. At a quick glance ur site looks good but there are rules u need to obey in order to obtain more traffic and better page rank position.

Re: Website integrated with Facebook group... 13 years 2 months ago #783

• Paul John Gioio
  • MSB Junior Member
First u need to identify what keyword u want to attach ur website to. Choose 1 keyword instead of several because it is easier to obtain a higher pagerank with 1 word instead on many. When u reach the desired position on the selected keyword then u can start adding more keywords but u need to do this slowly over time and u need to play by the rules. Google rewards patience and consistency over anything else.

SEO takes time and there is really no quick fix solution. Getting a good position in the first top ten result in a selected keyword can take anywhere from six months to a year. Don't fall for the myths that are out there. To sum up what google really wants from u in order to reward u is that ur website must be link to as many times as possible accros the web. Having a link from facebook plays no real role because the two are sworn enemies.

focus on getting other websites to put ur link on their website. This practice is called link building or link exchange. Second to that the website that links to ur website has to also have some relavance to the topic of ur website. A website with low relavance to urs means u will need to have many more links to acheive a positive vote from google.

I know this seems like alot to swallow for now but i will be posting an article on exactly this topic(SEO) in the forums shortly.

Will be in contact with u shortly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marie-Louise Nielsen

Re: Website integrated with Facebook group... 13 years 2 months ago #784

• Dylan Phelan
  • Founder of mySmallBusiness.co.za
  • Thank you received: 48
pgioio wrote:
I know this seems like alot to swallow for now but i will be posting an article on exactly this topic(SEO) in the forums shortly.

I think many members will find this useful.

I have been meaning to do the same. Members will benefit from a simple article on SEO, covering what the average website owner can do to improve rankings.

Articles should be posted here: www.mysmallbusiness.co.za/articles
http://www.MSBonline.co.za - Web design, hosting, internet marketing & CRM
http://www.MSBaccounting.co.za - Pastel accounting & bookkeeping services.
http://www.ecohub.co.za - Natural health & wellness
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lohan Grobler

Re: Website integrated with Facebook group... 13 years 2 months ago #785

• Paul John Gioio
  • MSB Junior Member
Hi Dylan,

Thanks for letting me know where to put the articles.

Re: Website integrated with Facebook group... 13 years 2 months ago #787

• Lohan Grobler
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Paul,

Wow, thanks for all the info. Yes indeed it is a lot to take in, but I would really like to get this going... even if it is going to take up to a year.

Can't wait for your article!

Thanks again for all the help!
Lohan Grobler
Proud Creations
www.proudcreations.com

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds