Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Finding the encouragement you need to go ahead with your business idea

Finding the encouragement you need to go ahead with your business idea 11 years 3 weeks ago #3457

• Steven
  • MSB Junior Member
  • Thank you received: 2
Good afternoon all. My name is Steven and I've just joined My small Business. As a small business owner, I know how much encouragement is needed to take the first steps. As my first contribution to this forum I'd like to add the following thoughts...

As an aspiring entrepreneur you need encouragement for your business idea. The first encouragement injection you receive comes from within. You have a great idea for a business and you’ve spotted an opportunity where you can make lots of money. Your own inner drive compels you to take that first step. In other words, you are the first one to encourage yourself. You’ve played out the complete scenario in your head, you’ve put your business idea on paper and now you want to share it with someone and get a second opinion. You sit down with a friend or family member, feeling very enthusiastic about your business idea and then, they drop a bomb shell:- They don’t like your business idea or, your idea is good but there is already competition in the market. They give you every single reason why your business idea won’t work. The extreme high you were on now seems like a free fall; on your way to the lowest low you’ve ever felt. You try and save yourself by giving every reason why you think your business idea is good idea but you can’t stop the free fall. Self doubt steps in and you feel totally discouraged and you shelve the idea.

The fact is true entrepreneurs are never discouraged this easily. They pick themselves up and go looking for further encouragement. You speak to anyone who is willing to listen and you get different perspectives on your business idea to give you the encouragement you need to fuel your enthusiasm to feed the seed you’ve already planted. Entrepreneurs take the good with the bad and finally they are left with a clear picture of what they need to do and the obstacles they will face. They tackle their business idea better informed and move on to turning it into a reality.

Surround yourself with people who will encourage you but take note of those who discourage you. It helps create a balance. Those who discourage you will allow you to exercise caution and those who encourage you help you with your drive to take your business idea and turn it into a successful business.

Many business ideas never make it to reality but the true entrepreneur never gives up. Of the many business ideas successful entrepreneurs have had, only a few ever turn into a real business.

Never give up and you’ll have no regrets!
Small business development consultant and owner of 2 small businesses
Web: www.smallbusinessdevelopment.co.za
FB Page: www.facebook.com/smallbusinessdevelopmentonline
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds