Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Which Small Business can one start with sum of R20,000?

Which Small Business can one start with sum of R20,000? 12 years 9 months ago #1518

Hello house, i'm confused this morning when a friend asked me...which Small business can one start with R20,000? is it possible in the present Economic situation to start a business with R20,000? your contributions will be highly appreciate!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Which Small Business can one start with sum of R20,000? 12 years 9 months ago #1529

• Rika Taylor
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I would say that you can probably start anything small with that. But it all depends on what you love to do.

Dont waste money on something that you dont like to do.

Re: Which Small Business can one start with sum of R20,000? 12 years 9 months ago #1531

thanks Bracye, i think he talking about fat cake productions. i appreciate your advice. thanks again.

Re: Which Small Business can one start with sum of R20,000? 12 years 9 months ago #1550

• Paul Sondergaard
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
OK, maybe view it from a different perspective, what do you really want to do as a business. Then put together a business plan. This site is a resource for you to get all the templates and help you need for that. That will then help you determine what budget you will need to start and stabilise. then fit the R20K into that. If it fits perfectly, good. If not, get additional funds to make it happen.
What I am simply saying is put the purpose before the money. Purpose will get you there, money is just the vehicle to carry out the purpose.

Re: Which Small Business can one start with sum of R20,000? 12 years 8 months ago #1554

Thanks Paul. its really a nice Tips. I will Draw Business plan and see the next step. Thanks a lot.
Kindest Regards
Jay

Re: Which Small Business can one start with sum of R20,000? 12 years 8 months ago #1575

• Paul Sondergaard
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Jay, great. . and if you need a bit of help on the plan, let me know.

Re: Which Small Business can one start with sum of R20,000? 12 years 8 months ago #1578

Hi Paul, thanks for offering a help. i really need it. i want to piece things together but its not coming alright. where do you think i got it wrong? i mean the business plan. I want to go into Electronic Security/System Integrations(CCTV,POS,Voice & Data,Fire Alarm,Burglar Alarm,Access Control installations)
Thanks
Kindest Regards
Jay

Re: Which Small Business can one start with sum of R20,000? 12 years 8 months ago #1583

• Paul Sondergaard
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Jay, OK, I think we need to communicate now on email as we will be going over the aspects of your plan. email me on This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Re: Which Small Business can one start with sum of R20,000? 12 years 8 months ago #1602

• Lee hartman
  • MSB Junior Member
Hi,

I think there are a lot of businesses that can be started on R20k. If you are selling a product, make or source a few and start selling them, if its a service, find your first client even if you do the first job very cheaply!

The best way to start...is to just start! Small at first, test the market one sale at a time and take it from there?

You would obviously have to avoid capital intensive businesses that require expensive machinery etc

Re: Which Small Business can one start with sum of R20,000? 12 years 8 months ago #1731

• Sam
  • MSB Junior Member
The easiest thing to start with 20K would be a service. You may offer consulting services, photography, painting. So long as your tools won't cost more than 15K and then the extra 5K can be used for unseen costs.
Products on the other hand can be designed and then ordered to be made in China, they do have very cheap manufacturing costs, but the quality will not be exactly what you are looking for. It will be slightly low quality so make sure that you get a sample first.
  • Page:

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds