Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Advertising

Advertising 11 years 7 months ago #3061

• Shimal Harichurn
  • MSB Junior Member
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi fellow forumites

How would one go about advertising one's business. For example I want to advertise my business, (TGNN, a Technology & Gaming website : www.tgnn.co.za) , by sending e-mails to various online stores in South Africa offering them to advertise on my site, would that be a feasible way of advertising my site, or should I just let companies/stores contact me to advertise on my site. Which do you think is the better option reaching out to possible customers or letting the customers reach you?

Regards,
Shimal Harichurn
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Advertising 11 years 6 months ago #3068

• Bellamy
  • MSB Junior Member
Hard to convince advertisers if you don't have any traffic volumes to speak of. Your site seems to score decently on all the 'basic must haves'. My advice to you; BUY THE TRAFFIC from Pay-Per- Click (PPC) seach engines, this should crank up decent volumes with a limited amount of purchased traffic, there are a few good ones like yahoo search marketing and MIVA, or you can simply go for broke if you are confident enough of your site's parameters with google adwords, this should generate an avalanche of 'qualified traffic' to your site making your case with advertisers that much easier

Re: Advertising 11 years 6 months ago #3069

• Bellamy
  • MSB Junior Member
Great website though!

Re: Advertising 11 years 6 months ago #3070

• Bellamy
  • MSB Junior Member
Others are paying students at universities to visit their sites, not sure about the figures involved but its food for thought (you need the traffic volumes to convince advertisers)

Re: Advertising 11 years 6 months ago #3075

• Shimal Harichurn
  • MSB Junior Member
  • Thank you received: 2
Bellamy wrote:
Others are paying students at universities to visit their sites, not sure about the figures involved but its food for thought (you need the traffic volumes to convince advertisers)

Thanks for the advice Bellamy :)

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds