Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Clothing Manufacturers

Clothing Manufacturers 11 years 11 months ago #2653

• Charlene
  • MSB Junior Member
Is there a specific place to search for clothing manufacturers

I am searching for a clothing company that would manufacture's newborn baby clothes

I did come across one, on my research and the pricing was very high and this did not include the label which goes on the clothes, which you would mark your company name etc. I would have to get that done else where at extra costs.

Compared to some retailers pricing, this clothing manufacturer's pricing was way higher, am I missing something here though.

I have also seen through research that it is stated that some business's purchase from overseas as it is cheaper than SA.

Anyway, I just need advice, to where or how to search for a specific clothing manufacturer, as all the search names, don't bring me to what I am searching.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Clothing Manufacturers 11 years 11 months ago #2654

• Dylan Phelan
  • Founder of mySmallBusiness.co.za
  • Thank you received: 48
Hi Charlene,

Take a look and see if you can find anything suitable here:

www.retailhub.co.za/Directory/Wholesale-...r-&-Accessories.html

I see you are in Cape Town, I have heard of quite a few CMT companies - I think there are a few around Paarl.

Yes, many retailers have clothing manufactured in China and so on, the cost is much lower. Quality probably isn't very good and it doesn't do the SA textiles industry or our economy much good either.

You can use the fact that your clothing is made in South Africa as part of your marketing campaign.
http://www.MSBonline.co.za - Web design, hosting, internet marketing & CRM
http://www.MSBaccounting.co.za - Pastel accounting & bookkeeping services.
http://www.ecohub.co.za - Natural health & wellness

Re: Clothing Manufacturers 11 years 10 months ago #2724

• Daniel
  • MSB Junior Member
Hi Charlene,

Imports will always be cheaper as the labour cost to manufacture is much less. As Dylan says, punt the Made is SA part and ensure that your brand is associated with local economy growth and job creation.

There is a manufacturer around the corner from my Factory called Lancaster Clothing manufacturers in Diep River Cape Town. Maybe they could help?

Hope it helps.

Dan

Glow Innovations
www.glowinn.co.za
facebook/glowinnovations
Daniel Enticott

Glow Innovations cc
Unit 4, 7 Greenville Terrace
Diep River, Cape Town

Tel: 021 706 0733
Fax: 021 705 9184
Cell: 083 415 1674
E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.glowinn.co.za
www.facebook.com/glowinnovations

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds