Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: My new portfolio website, would love some feedback!

My new portfolio website, would love some feedback! 11 years 6 months ago #3012

• Etienne
  • Junior Boarder
http://www.earthtoetienne.co.za/

I've just finnished my new portfolio site and would love some feedback from the community. It's a responsive site which means it resizes with the device you're using. Try resize the browser window to see what I mean.

Also, if there are any graphic designers out there wanting to offer their clients web design as well. I'll be happy to code your designs and build the sites you design. I do that for a few other designers that are very happy with my services.

Thanks and looking forward to your CONSTRUCTIVE comments :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: My new portfolio website, would love some feedback! 11 years 6 months ago #3019

• Thomas
I've got to be honest and say that your home page is a bit understated for me. Doesn't make a splash. I would put some more colour or just something different.

I don't like the font in the small text in those 3 columns, but maybe thats a personal thing.

What I will say is that I love the minimalistic simplicity of the site. I also was notably impressed by the references to sites you have designed or participated in the design project. I would put some of that info on the front page if possible that so people immediately know you have worked with some well known clients. That would impress me a lot if I were shopping around.

Re: My new portfolio website, would love some feedback! 11 years 6 months ago #3020

• Etienne
  • Junior Boarder
Hi, thanks for the honest feedback. Will certainly have a think about it :)

Re: My new portfolio website, would love some feedback! 11 years 6 months ago #3023

I like it! simple, fast load and to the point :)

Re: My new portfolio website, would love some feedback! 11 years 6 months ago #3024

• Etienne
  • Junior Boarder
Awesome, thanks for the feedback Marie-Louise :)

Re: My new portfolio website, would love some feedback! 11 years 6 months ago #3025

• Abdurahman
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Wow! Spectacular work! I like the focus on your work, you let your work speak for you. An inspiring design, something fresh and new. It engages the user when they click on the nav buttons.

The paragraphs could use same alignment like Justify, makes it feel more clean, I think.

Did you purposely lower the contrast in the nav buttons? They don't seem to stand out too much and I feel they don't draw attention. There's a lot of blank space between the articles and because there's no focus on the nav buttons the user might just scroll and with all the spacing it could lead to loss of interest. I initially scrolled only afterwards I saw the nav buttons. I think just adding a little contrast to your nav buttons making the user use those instead of scroll or which their location. maybe you can use a nav bar that stays on top of the content. Just my opinion.

But Great Work!

Re: My new portfolio website, would love some feedback! 11 years 6 months ago #3026

• Etienne
  • Junior Boarder
Thank you! Good point on the nav bar and scrolling.. hadn't thought of that. Will def look into it.

Re: My new portfolio website, would love some feedback! 11 years 6 months ago #3030

• Byron
  • MSB Junior Member
  • Thank you received: 2
Looks good just check firebug picks up a small java script error

Re: My new portfolio website, would love some feedback! 11 years 6 months ago #3032

• Etienne
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks, will look into it!

Re: My new portfolio website, would love some feedback! 11 years 6 months ago #3050

• Willie
  • MSB Junior Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Etienne,

I agree, the site is simple, to the point and informative.

I also do agree that some more colour would be nice. For me personally it seemed a bit on the dark side but this I suppose is a personal thing for me. I like pretty and bright colours :-)
  • Page:

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds