Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Seeking Courier for eCommerce Site

Seeking Courier for eCommerce Site 12 years 8 months ago #1705

• Robyn Eldon
  • MSB Junior Member
Hi everyone,

I'm a few weeks away from launching my website which I hope to make the kalahari of the pet world! One can hope :laugh:

I need to sort out what courier options I can make available to my customers. I'd like to support a fellow young business in getting going instead of being robbed blind by DHL and the likes :blink:

This is what I would like to set up:

A once daily, afternoon pick up of all orders to be delivered either the next day or the following day. (From Edenvale)

A set rate if possible. Or perhaps 2 or 3 set rates based on a weight category?

Although initially we'll most likely only have local sales, I hope to secure sole distribution for some products so would need to be able to courier nationally.

Perhaps there is a small courier company in Gauteng that could handle my local deliveries, and we could arrange something with another start up company in Cape Town, Durban etc

Thanks and looking forward to hearing from anyone withe ideas and a plan :)

Robyn
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Seeking Courier for eCommerce Site 12 years 4 weeks ago #2516

Hi Robyn,

Wow! the vetexpressdepot site looks awesome!! Who did the eCommerce platform for you?

Did you have any luck sorting out your shipping?

Re: Seeking Courier for eCommerce Site 12 years 4 weeks ago #2518

• Hein
  • MSB Junior Member
Hi

This is probably a bit late, but I'd recommend MDS Collivery. You can get your quote on an online system, choose what time it should be collected and what time you want it to be delivered. You will receive an email once the package has been collected, weight/dimensions been added to system (and see if it has changed from your input) and once it has been delivered (or failed - with details of failure). You can also see an estimated time of arrival.

We have been using a few courier companies, but MDS have delivered the best service to date. B)

Re: Seeking Courier for eCommerce Site 11 years 11 months ago #2692

• Robyn Eldon
  • MSB Junior Member
Hey Ridha,

Thanks!

After getting screwed out of chunks of cash by TWO different web development companies I eventually Googled my way through it and did it myself! Google is your friend hahah

Re: Seeking Courier for eCommerce Site 11 years 11 months ago #2693

• Robyn Eldon
  • MSB Junior Member
Thanks so much Hein!

We've been messed around hugely by both Fastway and The Courier Guy - will go check MDS out now.

Re: Seeking Courier for eCommerce Site 11 years 10 months ago #2708

Hein wrote:
Hi

This is probably a bit late, but I'd recommend MDS Collivery. You can get your quote on an online system, choose what time it should be collected and what time you want it to be delivered. You will receive an email once the package has been collected, weight/dimensions been added to system (and see if it has changed from your input) and once it has been delivered (or failed - with details of failure). You can also see an estimated time of arrival.

We have been using a few courier companies, but MDS have delivered the best service to date. B)

I can actually agree with Hein here. They might not be the cheapest(or the most expensive) but their service is good. Also what I like about them is their online ordering system,once you register on their site the ordering process is really easy and you dont have to phone anyone,also not something every company offers.

You can also speak to their IT department as they can integrate the courier/shipping process for you on your site so clients directly select their type of service they want and it gets added to the cart prior to checkout.

Re: Seeking Courier for eCommerce Site 11 years 10 months ago #2710

Hi Robyn

Try TimeFreight, Speak to Ettienne, you can use the name: Dick Scholtz (Cell 0828281620) as referral. Hope youcome right!

Re: Seeking Courier for eCommerce Site 11 years 4 months ago #3263

• Chike
  • MSB Junior Member
I have been looking for a competent courier company myself, i was robbed dry by TNT, Fedex is a no go area as well, will check out MDS Collivery :P
www.mustbuy.co.za is an online store housing thousands of products from various brands. A one stop shop for all your needs!

Re: Seeking Courier for eCommerce Site 11 years 4 months ago #3267

• Douglas
  • MSB Junior Member
  • Thank you received: 1
I have been using Collivery for about a year. Great service, great prices.

Re: Seeking Courier for eCommerce Site 11 years 3 months ago #3317

• Alan
  • MSB Junior Member
  • Thank you received: 2
:woohoo:

www.yourfitstore.com and www.mydailysupplement.co.za have both signed up with an account with MDS and so happy. Guys, this company is a go getter and supports small businesses.

Speak to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call 0112414900 and you won't be disappointed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dylan Phelan

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds