Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Crowd funding

Crowd funding 11 years 2 weeks ago #3510

I just posted an article on crowd funding, and thought maybe I should put here as well.

I am just trying to find out how many people are familiar with the concept of crowd funding, and use the platforms that are there? How do entrepreneurs feel about the concept of crowd funding and how many would support other people's projects/campaigns? Is crowd funding the future in terms of marketing and access to funding for entrepreneurs?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Crowd funding 11 years 3 days ago #3562

• Lee Venkatsamy
  • MSB Junior Member
  • Thank you received: 2
Its an excellent concept, but I believe it only works for a product and not for services. www.kickstarter.com/ is an awesome site that demonstrates crowd funding for those that don't know.

Also: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crowd_funding

Crowd funding 11 years 3 days ago #3563

Actually if you have a look on the startme.co.za site you will see that it works perfectly for products. Just to mention a few successful products, there's a watch, soaps, cd's and yoga pants. All these projects reached their targets and some even surpassed their target. Kickstart is a great platform and has been around for a while in the USA, while South Africa is still catching on. People only have to ask questions when not sure and do a bit of research and prepare their campaign properly. You can use my campaign as a guide..www.startme.co.za/groups/projects/small-...-ur-babies-marketing

Crowd funding 11 years 3 days ago #3564

• Lee Venkatsamy
  • MSB Junior Member
  • Thank you received: 2
Thats cool. I didnt know there was a south african crowd funding website. I registered now and am already planning to do some voluntary work for the dev crowd project.

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds