Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: IT and the small Business

IT and the small Business 11 years 3 weeks ago #3468

Hi All,

I have just joined mysabusiness, browsing through topics I notice there are hardly any IT topics??
Which to my understanding means 3 things?

1. The digital IT world has achieved the golden age and there are no terrorist attacks or no natural disasters and all frontiers have been achieved

2. IT is a dark unknown region that only needs to be conquered as it arises

3. IT doesn't exist

Like the average person, I will go with option 2:. Most start-up/SME's to large business's lock it's IT in the broom closet and only ever comes out when the digital world decides to launch its wrath and fury on the unsuspecting user. Then it's all systems go the troops are rallied and all hell breaks loose after a few hours or days its conquered and locked securely away in the Broom closet until its next outbreak.
If this scenario plays out more often than you would like and the following questions listed below start the light bulbs switching on please comment and let's see how important IT actually is to your business?

1. Cost- as in all business we need to keep costs low:
So are you paying next to nothing for your IT costs or is your IT costs eating away your bottom line?

2. Time- as in life time is money:

Are you waiting for things to load, waiting for your IT support to respond, waiting for a download, waiting for a service provider to decode based on the lack of technology

3. Are you a 100% sure

Are you a 100% sure you have proper backups and protection, you have proper equipment that's robust as 6 out 10 DIY jobs are never a 100% right

Generally IT is at the bottom of a company checklist unless it's the holy grail of the Average Joe's IT world the "WEBSITE", which unbeknownst to the average Joe has almost nothing to do with IT it's actually a MARKETING tool, unless integrated with your applications etc then fair enough its IT.

So anyone up for a discussion on what a small business/SME IT requirements or improvements are?? :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds