Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The Single Most Effective Way To Market Your Small Business

The Single Most Effective Way To Market Your Small Business 11 years 6 months ago #3063

• Albert Mpuru
  • MSB Junior Member
  • Thank you received: 6
Email Marketing!

Yeah, when you look at various forms of marketing, I'm sure you will agree with me that email marketing blows all of them out of the water.

Email marketing is the most effective and the cheapest way to communicate with your prospects and customers.

So what are the basics of email marketing?

An effective email marketing system consists of four components...

First, a squeeze page. This is a web page designed to collect names and email addresses.

Second, a "bait" or freebie. This could be a report, ebook, software, MP3 or video. You will give any of these on your squeeze page to entice your web visitors to give you their names and email addresses.

Third, an autoresponder. This is a sophisticated email marketing system that automates your follow-up marketing. Aweber is the best third-party autoresponder trusted by top internet marketers.

If you are like me and don't like paying monthly for services or products where there are once-off payment options, then you will love Autoresponse plus.

Fourth, follow-up emails. You will need to create follow-up promotional and informational emails and load them into your autoresponder.

You can create as many emails as possible in advance and schedule them to go out on pre-determined days and times...

Your autoresponder will kick in and sent out these emails to anyone who subscrbes to your list on your squeeze page - even when you are sleeping or spending time with your family or friends.

How cool is that?

To marketing success,
Albert Mpuru
Albert is an Online Marketing Consultant & Copywriter. He can answer all your questions about marketing your small business effectively. Join is his FREE Internet Marketing newsletter at www.marketingadvisor.co.za/im-newsletter/ or check out his marketing web site: www.marketingadvisor.co.za
Last Edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Albert Mpuru.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Samantha

Re: The Single Most Effective Way To Market Your Small Business 11 years 5 months ago #3071

Very precise. You know exactly what you talking about my friend. Once people can master these four components, they are on their way to automated income as the gurus put it. Great post.

Re: The Single Most Effective Way To Market Your Small Business 11 years 4 months ago #3228

• Joanne
  • MSB Junior Member
  • Copy Writer at Ledula
  • Thank you received: 1
We use email marketing, but we're struggling to get high open and click-through rates. What can you do besides catchy subject lines to make people want to open your email? (Because unless they open it, they're not going to see what you want them to see, and you won't be able to use it as an effective marketing technique.)
Get your clients to recommend your service to their friends: www.ledula.com

Re: The Single Most Effective Way To Market Your Small Business 11 years 4 months ago #3230

• Albert Mpuru
  • MSB Junior Member
Joanne tell me...

How did you get your mailing list?

Are the people on this mailing list qualified prospects and/or customers for your product or service?

What is your most wanted response with your email marketing campaign?
Albert is an Online Marketing Consultant & Copywriter. He can answer all your questions about marketing your small business effectively. Join is his FREE Internet Marketing newsletter at www.marketingadvisor.co.za/im-newsletter/ or check out his marketing web site: www.marketingadvisor.co.za

Re: The Single Most Effective Way To Market Your Small Business 11 years 4 months ago #3231

• Joanne
  • MSB Junior Member
  • Copy Writer at Ledula
Our mailing list is mainly members of our site and people who have shown interest in our service.

Our aim is mainly to remind current members to use our site, and invite them to get their friends to join, or to invite people who aren't yet members to become members.

Thanks!!

Re: The Single Most Effective Way To Market Your Small Business 11 years 4 months ago #3254

• Albert Mpuru
  • MSB Junior Member
Looking at your website - ledula.com, I can see that your membership site covers a very, very broad audience...

That in itself might be the reason your email marketing is not effective...

Are you segmenting your audience when you sent out emails? Or are you just sending emails to all your members without regard to their particular interests?

It would appear to me that some, if not many, of your members joined because of your already existing members.

In view of the fact that your audience is very broad, do you have a way to determine why a specific member joined your site.

You see, people are not going to open your email messages, no matter how "catchy" the subject line is, if they are un-targeted.

In fact, a catchy subject line is catchy only to those people who are interested in what you have to say...

So a particular subject line may be catchy to particular people, while the same subject line may be boring to others.

The issue here, to my mind, seems to be a lack of targeting.

Re: The Single Most Effective Way To Market Your Small Business 11 years 4 months ago #3255

• Joanne
  • MSB Junior Member
  • Copy Writer at Ledula
That makes a lot of sense - thanks! Will do some thinking on that and let you know if I have further questions. Thanks for your help!

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds