Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Starting Up

Starting Up 13 years 9 months ago #404

• Mark Bind
  • MSB Junior Member
  • Thank you received: 2
I'm working on my business startup offering,

what areas did you need help with when you started your business...

I currently help with choosing names, marketing mix, business development etc, but want to freshen things up a little!

drop me a line and share your thoughts!

Thanks,

Mark
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Starting Up 13 years 9 months ago #405

• Dylan Phelan
  • Founder of mySmallBusiness.co.za
  • Thank you received: 48
What about a bit of an analysis of the competition? I've seen that a lot of small business owners rush into things without really scoping out the competitive environment first?

Funding options? Most start ups are not too clued up about how to raise capital if they need it.
http://www.MSBonline.co.za - Web design, hosting, internet marketing & CRM
http://www.MSBaccounting.co.za - Pastel accounting & bookkeeping services.
http://www.ecohub.co.za - Natural health & wellness

Re: Starting Up 13 years 8 months ago #407

• Mark Bind
  • MSB Junior Member
  • Thank you received: 2
Yes, a good competitor analysis should form part of the business plan. I find many entrepreneurs miss the true value of doing a business plan by just trying to get it done like doing your homework on the way to school!

I help entrepreneurs really prepare for business by using the business planning process to prepare for running a business.

Funding is very specific to the business, but I'll do some research and see what more I can offer on that!

Thanks!

Re: Starting Up 13 years 6 months ago #563

• Ben Botes
  • MSB Junior Member
The area that most new businesses really need support with is market research and feasibility studies. Such a crucial part for starting us as it tells you if there really is a need for the business.
Ben Botes
Business plan software entrepreneur, writer, speaker and lecturer.

Re: Starting Up 12 years 8 months ago #1727

New business is hard to :dry: establish if you don't have fund behind you.

Discover a New Online Business
Today! Change The Way You Earn a SERIOUS Income!

Re: Starting Up 12 years 7 months ago #1738

• Sam
  • MSB Junior Member
You need to be able to help start ups accurately determine how to structure the costing and pricing strategy to maximize their profits. A lot of start-ups try to position their offering as being "cheaper" than similar offerings. Its only down the road that they realize that their margins are incredibly low, and that they are actually making a loss when it looks like profit.
If you can help them with research in this respect and making sure that they get this as right as possible in the beginning you will end up having very happy clients in the long term.

Re: Starting Up 12 years 3 months ago #2181

• Ewan
  • MSB Junior Member
Why don't you start with a competition analysis? First you should make a note of what kind of business you want to start with.
As for me, i wanted to start with hobby electronic components business, so i made an extensive research on the internet as to who weremy competitors and what positive things i can learn from them as well as avoid the negative things.

Re: Starting Up 12 years 3 months ago #2187

• charles
  • MSB Junior Member
Dylan Phelan wrote:
What about a bit of an analysis of the competition? I've seen that a lot of small business owners rush into things without really scoping out the competitive environment first?

Funding options? Most start ups are not too clued up about how to raise capital if they need it.

i agree here funding is where business owner tend to hit a wall... I know I did from time to time.

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds