Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: VAT Number

Re: VAT Number 13 years 4 months ago #695

Just a thought about turnover tax, where you register for turnover tax you are only paying tax on your turnover, but you are not allowed to deduct any deductions from your profit/loss like depreciation ect.

According to me turnover tax is a very bad system and not much people have applied for it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: VAT Number 13 years 3 months ago #716

• Tersia
  • MSB Junior Member
Hi,

you can use your personal tax number, to obtain a tax clearance certificate and with a tax clearance certificate you can do business and get new business in.

Tersia

Re: VAT Number 13 years 3 months ago #718

A Tax Clearance Certificate is only a piece of paper issued by SARS to say you not owing them anything.
It is not going to help you contracting any clients.
Last Edit: 13 years 3 months ago by Francois Carstens.

Re: VAT Number 13 years 1 month ago #852

• Harold
  • MSB Junior Member
Hi Gayk.
How can you help with vat registration. Please let me know.
Thanks

Re: VAT Number 13 years 1 month ago #853

SARS are becoming very strict on VAT registration criteria. I suggest you get hold of a Tax Practitioner in your area to help with the registration although you will have to be present at the submission of the application in order for SARS to interview you. It is important to note that for voluntary registrations you will have to prove annual income is in excess of R 50 000.

Re: VAT Number 13 years 1 month ago #854

More and more companies, especially those with government or big business links require a Tax Clearance Certificate in order for them to do business with you. It is not a difficult document to obtain providing your tax affairs are up to date. It is a good business practice to get your tax certificate annually just to be sure all your tax affairs are actually as up to date as you think?

Re: VAT Number 13 years 1 month ago #855

• Harold
  • MSB Junior Member
How can you proof that your income is in excess of R50 000 if it is a new cc.This is a startup.
We are waiting for CC registration.
Thanks

Re: VAT Number 13 years 1 month ago #857

• GAY MUDARE
  • MSB Junior Member
Hi Harold,

You may contact me on 0734709235, where are you located? Looking forward to hearing from you. You may also send me your Cell no., l will call you.
  • Page:

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds