Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Hire a graduate and have the WCDET pay half their salary for you

Hire a graduate and have the WCDET pay half their salary for you 11 years 10 months ago #2694

• Matthew Haddon
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
Hi All

For those small business owners who are not up to date with the status of the youth wage subsidy the DA is fighting so hard for, the Western Cape Department of Education and Tourism have launched a pilot program for this subsidy for Western Cape companies.

The basics are, you submit the criteria you need, hire a graduate from their database and they will pay the learner R1,200pm for you. Your obligation is to train the learner by giving them valid work experience. They told me there is no obligation to pay the learner but they do ask that you match their payment as a measure of good faith. I think that is a fair request. I have confirmed that I will also pay the graduate R1,200 from my pocket. The contract is for six months and at the end, if the learner meets your expectations you have the option to higher the learner on a permanent contract. As far as I know there is no obligation to hire the learner after the contract. You will have to find those details out for yourself as I am still going through the motions. I have just applied for my contract.

There is more to it if you go into detail but these are the basics. I think it is a fantastic initiative and a great opportunity for small businesses to get extra help around the office and receive financial assistance to do so and also contribute to the huge unemployment problem our country faces.

For more details contact the Western Cape Department of Education and Tourism on 0214833531. They will get a representative to call you back. I was pleasantly surprised to receive my call back with in 4 hours of leaving the message so they really are on top of their game.

Good luck. I hope you are as pleasantly surprised as I was about how easy this was to investigate and apply for.

Matthew from Simpletax
Check out our website - www.simpletax.co.za
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dylan Phelan

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds