Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Hiring Someone Else to Write your Business Plan

Hiring Someone Else to Write your Business Plan 12 years 8 months ago #1334

hi, i have very limited time & am struggling to write my business plan. Has anyone used someone else to write their plan? What were the pros & cons? What is the cost involved? Would they recommend someone specific in Cape Town? if so, who?
Last Edit: 12 years 8 months ago by lindsay campbell. Reason: added my location
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Hiring Someone Else to Write your Business Plan 12 years 8 months ago #1335

• Dylan Phelan
  • Founder of mySmallBusiness.co.za
  • Thank you received: 48
You can't get someone to completely write your business plan - it is your business idea, you are the only one that has a thorough understanding of what you're wanting to do.

If you do use a business consultant you need to clearly communicate your idea. They will be able to help identify opportunities, strengths, weaknesses etc and compile the business plan correctly.

Cost would be determined by the nature and scope of your proposed business.
http://www.MSBonline.co.za - Web design, hosting, internet marketing & CRM
http://www.MSBaccounting.co.za - Pastel accounting & bookkeeping services.
http://www.ecohub.co.za - Natural health & wellness

Re: Hiring Someone Else to Write your Business Plan 12 years 8 months ago #1336

Yes, I would obviously have to hash it out with them but I see many accountant-types offer such a service.
Last Edit: 12 years 8 months ago by lindsay campbell. Reason: typo

Re: Hiring Someone Else to Write your Business Plan 12 years 8 months ago #1337

just got a lovely reply from an accountant i contacted for anyone else interested in this sort of thing

"The cost involved for this service depends on how much detail we go into which is determined to some extent by the purpose of the business plan. It also depends on how much input you can give to the process in terms of supplying information to be included in the business plan. We try to work within our clients’ budget as much as possible so we can discuss an amount and then see what we can produce within that budget."

Re: Hiring Someone Else to Write your Business Plan 12 years 8 months ago #1451

• Paul Sondergaard
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Having been through the time and effort to do my own business plan recently, as well as consulting others, my input is to do your own plan. In that I mean you should lay it our yourself and then go to a consultant to tweek it and make it presentable and professional. In that way, it remains your dream and idea. what I have learnt is that investors are very quick to see if you did it or someone did it for you. The more you can show yourself in the plan, the better for you with any investor.

Thats my 10c worth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobus Louw

Re: Hiring Someone Else to Write your Business Plan 12 years 8 months ago #1471

• Colleen Lewis
  • MSB Junior Member
  • Thank you received: 2
I agree with Paul. Only by doing your business plan yourself will you be able to think through all the aspects of the plan. If you are struggling, by all means get help from a consultant, but then go back to the plan and continue with it on your own. It is especially critical to do the financial forecasts in as much detail as possible because this is where you will discover the weaknesses or inconsistencies in your plan and you may have to re-think or re-calculate as you go along. If you don't tackle the practical thinking behind starting your business yourself, you are not ready to start your business. Also, once the plan is in place, remember that it has to be a flexible working document. You refer to it regularly to keep on track and also amend it regularly to adjust to the changes and challenges that you will encounter.

Re: Hiring Someone Else to Write your Business Plan 12 years 5 months ago #2041

• Carmel
  • MSB Junior Member
Hi there
I am based in Pretoria and have been building a busness plan for the last two months .I now need a business analyst to assist in fine tuning ,amending and correcting any mistakes .
Can you recommend any one in Pretoria to assist ?

Re: Hiring Someone Else to Write your Business Plan 12 years 1 month ago #2357

Hello Lindsay,

Who did you use to tweek/write your business plan?
I have written my business plan and just need someone to tweek mine and go over the financials of the business proposal to make sure that everything is in order.

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds