Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: collection of money from the client

collection of money from the client 11 years 10 months ago #2754

Hi Good people,

Can anyone has a better idea of how should I push my clients POLITELY to pay the service money due to me.I don't want to be seen rude or pushy?

Please help, I need my money!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: collection of money from the client 11 years 10 months ago #2755

• Michelle
  • MSB Junior Member
  • Thank you received: 2
Common yet still tough situation. In my experience, all you can do is thinly draw the line between being polite and pushy. Just the usual - email and/or call - ask about when can you receive the payment for your service. Lay out the time frame of when you performed your job; when did they say they would pay you, etc. Maybe you can also say something that you look forward to the payment because you need the money for a future project in (give a specific month or time frame).

But you do need a lot of patience in talking to them because even if they owe you something; you still have to act like you're asking them for a favor (especially for big companies).

And oh, if that client caused you that much trouble, take note of the name and think twice before doing business with them again.

Re: collection of money from the client 11 years 10 months ago #2756

Thanx Michelle,

I will try to exercise my patience especially since I provided my service to the show house of the Property Developer & the construction for the rest of houses has just begun & there is a potential of the business after they were impressed about my service,I don't wanna scare them away but also needs to be paid.

ITS TOUGH!

Re: collection of money from the client 11 years 10 months ago #2757

• Dylan Phelan
  • Founder of mySmallBusiness.co.za
  • Thank you received: 48
What were your invoice terms? Did you provide a professional invoice with payment due date etc?
http://www.MSBonline.co.za - Web design, hosting, internet marketing & CRM
http://www.MSBaccounting.co.za - Pastel accounting & bookkeeping services.
http://www.ecohub.co.za - Natural health & wellness

Re: collection of money from the client 11 years 9 months ago #2766

There's no easy way to to get paid for services from clients who don't appreciate the fact that you have expenses and also need to live - it borders on ethics. After several bad experiences of my own, I came to the conclusion that business is business and times have changed - good honest business is very few and far between - I had to make it clear on all my new projects that payment is due on presentation of invoice and I make my clients sign to that effect at the quotation stage. I have also heard all the excuses- I deliver my invoices personally and always have my laptop with me with Internet connection and I cordially invite them to use it to effect an EFT. (it works every time)

Also if the client is so happy with your services and you tell him/her that you are unable to continue with further work/contracts, they usually come up with some arrangement as they are loathed to go elsewhere for fear of inferior service.

Don't be soft - they will continue to walk all over you.

All the best

dee1949
Last Edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Derek van Oudtshoorn.

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds