Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Starting a website and on line shop for handcrafted products

Starting a website and on line shop for handcrafted products 12 years 5 months ago #2024

• Nadia
  • MSB Junior Member
I recently started a craft studio where I teach crafts to people. In addition a website is being designed for me through a professional company. I want them to create anonline shop where I can sell my handmade products, but also give an opportunity for other crafters to sell in th same shop.I am very new at this on line shopchallenge. My question is how do I protect myself against legal issues if the other people do not deliver on promises and agreements. where can I go to get valid wording for terms and conditions for my site .
and what is best to sell the products of other people on my site or refer the clients to the respective crafters? I am thinking of not only the liability issues but also tax implications if income is not mine. Any advice in how to run this online shop will be greatly apprecited.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Starting a website and on line shop for handcrafted products 12 years 5 months ago #2027

• Ethan
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
My guess is that the only way to protect yourself is to have users agree to a terms of services before they get an account.

You might then need to get in contact with a legal person to help build the terms of service just to cover yourself.

Maybe take a look at how bidorbuy.co.za has their terms www.bidorbuy.co.za/help/441/Terms_Conditions_of_This_Site
www.designjubilation.com - Web design and development.
www.pixelbright.co.za - Advice and tips for any web site owner.

Re: Starting a website and on line shop for handcrafted products 12 years 4 months ago #2061

• Dylan Phelan
  • Founder of mySmallBusiness.co.za
  • Thank you received: 48
This would depend largely on how many other crafters products you intend on selling on your website.

The safest way would be to buy in the products, store them in a warehouse / garage, then ship them all from one central location once an order is placed. Obviously this has some cash flow implications and you don't want to site with loads of products that don't move.

If you were to put other suppliers products on your website and then send the order to them, you would have the problem that the client may order a bunch of products from different suppliers, then each product may need to be shipped from a different location.
http://www.MSBonline.co.za - Web design, hosting, internet marketing & CRM
http://www.MSBaccounting.co.za - Pastel accounting & bookkeeping services.
http://www.ecohub.co.za - Natural health & wellness

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds