Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Please review Recycle 1st's website

Please review Recycle 1st's website 12 years 6 months ago #1918

Hi

So after reading all the other reviews, I'm looking forward to the comments.

www.recyclefirst.yolasite.com
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Please review Recycle 1st's website 12 years 6 months ago #1924

• Ethan
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Hey while its great that you are promoting your business via the internet I think the use of a yolasite only makes you look cheap.

From my experience most people believe once they have a web site they will get instant success. When things don't go as they thought they think websites are useless.

My point is that you need to strike that middle spot. You have to understand that a web site is more then a few words on a yola template.

Your web site could get a lot of traffic if promoted well and if made fun. On the other hand if you cheap out and take the easy routes the site could fail.

I would suggest braining storming with a designer and developer to come up with ways that you can liven the site up. At the moment the site feels like just facts on a bad template.

The design does not help. You need more contrast and more images. Take a look at this design.

fc09.deviantart.net/fs28/f/2008/060/9/7/...ore_1_by_rheyzer.jpg

I think getting something like that would be a much cleaner and has a nice strong contrast.

You should never center align your text. You can read more about why you should not center align here. uxmovement.com/content/why-you-should-ne...lign-paragraph-text/ What the article says is pretty basic but has some valid points.

Another reason not to use yola btw is the way their sites are made are terrible. I could go onto another 4 or 5 paragraphs about why they terrible but I have already written to much.

Anyways just my 2 cents. Take it or leave it.

Regards and best of luck with your web site.
www.designjubilation.com - Web design and development.
www.pixelbright.co.za - Advice and tips for any web site owner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anthea Hartzenberg

Re: Please review Recycle 1st's website 12 years 6 months ago #1927

Congratulations and and well done. I also started with Yola and now I've moved to Wordpress. The important thing in life is starting and for that I commend you. Make sure that your do your work professionally and that way you will always have customers. And when you are making money you will be able to afford a website designer. Remember word of mouth is king!
Just make sure that when you get a web designer you don't get those greedy to want to control it. And most of those are who want to control your designers. I made a mistake of hiring a web designer. Because I run an online magazine for Christian women, I constantly need to upload content. She made me pay R800 every month on top of the R800 that I paid to design a static website. I was so annoyed and felt cheated. Because I was running an online magazine she should have have given me the option of managing my website. I didn't know any better. After two months I cancelled and went with Yola. As the website started getting hits I moved to Wordpress and taught myself to make my website the way it is today. I have changed to about three times. You can check it out at www.insidewomanmag.com. It's not perfect nor is it near where I want it to be but right now it's getting the job done. And I love the background.
I encourage you to have an FB page with your contact details. Join Linkedin and find your kind of groups. Join forums about green issues.

All the best and I know you can do it. Just don't give up on your dream!!!! And remember word of mouth is boss!

Re: Please review Recycle 1st's website 12 years 6 months ago #1928

Hi Dominick

Thanks so much for your input, yes I have been through the web designer avenue already and they do charge quite a bit. I have been running my business since 2009 and because I couldn't afford a designer I did the website myself.

I already have a domain registered, but unfortunately no money for the new website as yet. I will look into the word press bit. but for now I am going to make the website look a little prettier as per the previous review.

Your website is stunning, congratulations on doing it on your own. We there is a will there is a way, ne

Goodluck with your Business

Re: Please review Recycle 1st's website 12 years 5 months ago #1943

• Melanie
  • MSB Junior Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi there,

Have you considered a Joomla site? My site is Joomla, I paid someone to set it up, and now I add new components as I have money for it. Besides that I have COMPLETE control over EVERYTHING and it is absolutely awesome.

A lot of functionality, not too expensive if you get the right web designers (I know some) and quite easy to figure out.

You can check out my site (and please give any comments - good or bad) at www.daizee.net.

Good luck in any case, I hope you will do very well!

Melanie

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds