Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Review our site please

Review our site please 12 years 10 months ago #1144

• Alan
  • MSB Junior Member
  • Thank you received: 2
Please review www.yourfitstore.com

Tell me what you think, what does it need, what is missing?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Review our site please 12 years 9 months ago #1172

• Morne
  • MSB Junior Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Alan,

I had a look at your site and have a few suggestions.
  • Reconsider the placement of your hit counter
  • Reconsider the placement of your live traffic feed box
  • Link your company's facebook group/page with your site
Changing the placement of the 1st 2 items will put more focus on your intro text and make the site look "cleaner". You can also consider rephrasing and styling your intro paragraph. This will also move your main column's category list up which might cause conflict/confusion with your sidebar categories - restyling one of them will usually resolve that. (I changed the styling between the two on my home page which has a very similar layout as yours - you will find a link on my profile)

I'll appreciate your input on my site when you had a look at it.

Regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan

Re: Review our site please 12 years 9 months ago #1176

• Alan
  • MSB Junior Member
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi
Thanks for the review, it is always "lekker" to better your business.
Questions for clarity:
• Hit counter and live traffic feed box - Do you suggest - out of site, bottom of page, bottom of column, where do you suggest?
• Each product is linked to my twitter and FB
• The left category breaks down into subs while the middle one takes you to the main page for the category, keep both or remove one?
• I am trying to see where and what I can do to the open two or three items

Thanks again for your inputs

I will review and advise my opinion

Re: Review our site please 12 years 9 months ago #1265

• Ethan
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
In terms of the design is rather simple and a few things look out of place. The links in the navigation are to high up. Either center the links or make the navigation background smaller. The slideshow is really big. Perhaps just a smaller version of what you already have with a fade effects rather then the shuffle thing you have at the moment. The shuffle thing you have draws to much attention away from the content in my opinion. When you scroll down its just a white background with some red boxes. Not much visual effects. That red bar at the bottom is far to big. Looks like the footer might be in the wrong place.

The hit counter looks cheap. If the hit counter is just for you to monitor how much people view the site then try google analytics. Its free and has a bunch of cool features. It tells you how long each visitor was on the site and what pages they looked at. If you using the counter as a way for views to see you doing well then I would suggest just removing it. I don't think a lot of customers would be interested in how many people view the site. Think they would be more interested in how many sales you made from the site.
www.designjubilation.com - Web design and development.
www.pixelbright.co.za - Advice and tips for any web site owner.

Re: Review our site please 12 years 9 months ago #1279

• Rika Taylor
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I agree with Ethan about the banner. It is to big. You need attention on the contents more down on the page.

I will take away the categories in the middle coloum, you have the list on the left. Rather put featured items there. You probably also need your logo somewhere at the top.

The daily supplements section: rather make it fading in and out than the shuffle. The shuffle moves over the content in the middle coloum.

On your new products page. The buy now buttons are broken. Maybe make them smaller or if you can move them to the right of the description.

And remove the counter :)

In other aspects, looks great.
Last Edit: 12 years 9 months ago by Rika Taylor.

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds