Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Are donations to NPO's by individuals tax deductible?

Are donations to NPO's by individuals tax deductible? 13 years 4 months ago #668

• Jack
  • MSB Junior Member
  • Thank you received: 1
If someone is donating a service in their personal capacity, as a freelancer, to a relevant NPO - is this donation tax deductible when calculating your taxable income?

For instance - in my situation, I want to go and register for tax now.... I have done work for an NPO who can issue tax deductible invoices. Can I get a tax invoice from them and take this into consideration when calculating my tax liability?
Last Edit: 13 years 4 months ago by Jack.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Are donations to NPO's by individuals tax deductible? 13 years 4 months ago #685

The nett effect will ne nil. You will invoice them for your time, that invoice will effectively be nil as you have not received any actual income. This is charity work, ie no income no deduction so not worth declaring

Re: Are donations to NPO's by individuals tax deductible? 13 years 4 months ago #686

• Jack
  • MSB Junior Member
  • Thank you received: 1
that's odd. I have heard of them issuing invoices that are tax deductible.

Re: Are donations to NPO's by individuals tax deductible? 13 years 4 months ago #700

according to the tax law the following is said bout your circumstances:
"voluntary awards related to services which are remunerate, will be taxable in the hands of the donee.
Hope this will help

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds