Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Turnover tax

Turnover tax 7 years 3 months ago #3370

  • Nancy
  • Nancy's Avatar
  • MSB Junior Member
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: 0

I have just registered my catering business as a private company with the cipc. I am considering applying for turnover tax. I do small scale work for government departments in my small town. Will I be able to get a tax clearance certificate if I am only registerd as a turnover tax payer?

please help
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Turnover tax 7 years 3 months ago #3371

  • Matthew Haddon
  • Matthew Haddon's Avatar
  • Junior Boarder
  • Posts: 30
  • Thank you received: 8
  • Karma: 3
Hi Nancy

Yes, you can get a tax clearance no matter what tax type you are registered for.

I would seek advice about registering for turnover tax though. Personal service companies are exempt from registering for turn over tax and from yiur description it sounds like you might qualify as a personal service entity. Also, in catering you might have significant over head costs such a stock, staff, fuel, etc and these would not be deductable if you registered for turnover tax.

I'd be happy to give you some more detailed advice in this regard if you'd like to drop me a mail at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. No obligations ans no charge of course.
The administrator has disabled public write access.


Time to create page: 0.600 seconds