Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: tax clearance certf.

tax clearance certf. 12 years 1 month ago #2363

• Ronald
  • MSB Junior Member
Got my company registerd as a cc but need to go for a tax clearance certf. for tender not sure what to do some guys charge me R400? can i do it my self and once im reg. do i need an accountant?

Thanks ;)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: tax clearance certf. 12 years 1 month ago #2367

A Tax Clearance Certificate is issued by SARS and it only states that you don`t owe them any money and that your tax affairs is up to date.

Via efiling you can ask for a tax clearance certificate. Go to your nearest SARS branch with your ID and tax number and if it is for your CC, you need your CC`s number, tax number and it is easy as pie.

Something else, who is your cc`s accounting officer? You had to appoint one when you start your CC and he/she must get you the Tax Clearance Certificate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dylan Phelan, Ronald

Re: tax clearance certf. 12 years 1 month ago #2379

• Arthur King
  • MSB Junior Member
OK, I got that, but what about being a Sole Proprietor. How can you advise than. I do my own efiling, and am up to date.

Thanks

Re: tax clearance certf. 12 years 1 month ago #2380

On efile, under services is a tab for tax clearance certificate. You fill in why you need the certificate, all your information and SARS will issue you with and you must go and pick it up at the SARS office you indicated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arthur King

Re: tax clearance certf. 12 years 1 month ago #2409

• Bev Moodie
  • MSB Junior Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Ronald. You can get your own tax clearance certificate. Phone your local sars office and they will tell you what you need to do to obtain it. Once you've done what is needed you can apply on-line with sars, but also go to your local sars office with all your stuff and they can do it for you. As a cc you don't need a chartered accountant but you need a financial officer who is responsible for the accounting of your cc with sars - Usually a registered bookkeeper with CIS. It's always best to do as much of the financial stuff yourself as then you've got your finger on the button of your business and are in control. Good luck Bev

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds