Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How far do you have to go to get new business

How far do you have to go to get new business 13 years 6 months ago #468

• Nokukhanya
  • MSB Junior Member
With an ever changing business environment in South Africa today young business always face the risk that market penetration through advertising alone simply wont bring in new business.

The question then arises,
How far do you have to go to get new business? Any thoughts?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How far do you have to go to get new business 13 years 6 months ago #471

• Mark Bind
  • MSB Junior Member
  • Thank you received: 2
For many small business owners the question is how far will you go to achieve your dreams...

When you are starting out you should spend about 80% of your working time on marketing/new business activities. The importance of marketing during the first few months is underestimated!

I am always suprised with how little my clients are acually doing to attract leads. Most businesses rely on only 1 or 2 channels for attracting leads. Work on getting more!

Then work on converting the leads you get!

Mark
The following user(s) said Thank You: Emilia, Jannie Smal

Re: How far do you have to go to get new business 13 years 2 months ago #722

Like Mark says that you must work on your leads. I have a unique coaching program that will bring new ideas and help you to have a different approach about how you do your business. Are you working in your business or on your business?

Re: How far do you have to go to get new business 13 years 1 month ago #776

• The Odin Outline
  • MSB Junior Member
  • Thank you received: 1
I personally find it's also a good idea to document your interaction with potential clients.

For example document the date of your first meeting/encounter & then document how long it takes for you to turn that potential client into a client & work on your turn around time. It doesn't have to be over night but it's always good to have stats.

I terms of how far you have to go...

I'd say start marketing in your own immediate area rather than travel distances on the other-side of that question it's always good to promote your existing clients business to potential clients & other existing clients as you will enhance their business & create a positive energy about your business in the same motion.
The Odin Outline - Web & Graphic Design Services

Feel free to make use of our Free Hosting accounts.

Re: How far do you have to go to get new business 12 years 10 months ago #989

• jackysouer
  • MSB Junior Member
depends how you far you want to go, you dont have to go anywhere.

also, i think its the tools u have and the way you use them that will define how far you have to go, if you have tools that will give you that marketing edge then ull be good to go with probably not so much work, just proper defining of things.

hope i helped u out

bye

Re: How far do you have to go to get new business 10 years 10 months ago #3631

SME's in SA are far behind when it comes to online marketing of their businesses.

Small businesses are not willing to take the financial 'risk' to test the waters although the ROI is always excellent if a good marketing company is used.

There are also a few good free advertising companies around in SA. It would be good to start there, get a few clients and then reinvest in more expensive marketing methods such as SEO, etc.

A great starting point would be to check out www.booom.co.za

Hope this helps.

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds