Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Driving School in Pretoria

Driving School in Pretoria 11 years 10 months ago #2703

• Ben Grobler
  • MSB Junior Member
I am the owner of Centurion Driving School.
Wanting to discuss the Driving School industry in general and top up my marketing skills.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Driving School in Pretoria 11 years 10 months ago #2706

• Peggie
  • MSB Junior Member
Hi Ben. Discuss freely. I am working in the road safety arena and have lots of information and ideas to share.

Re: Driving School in Pretoria 11 years 10 months ago #2707

• peter
  • MSB Junior Member
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Ben. I'd be happy to give you some pointers about online marketing and determining how big the market potential is.

From there you'll have a little more info on what marketing channels to use.

Re: Driving School in Pretoria 11 years 10 months ago #2711

Hello Ben
Marketing is any business' biggest issue. BUT, if YOU do not talk to your market,someone else will. Email marketing campaigns work well, fast and are relatively cheap. What is your best market? The persons you have sold to before, with referrals from them your company will grow quickly. We found a good tool to make email marketing work.
Regards This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Re: Driving School in Pretoria 11 years 10 months ago #2713

• Dylan Phelan
  • Founder of mySmallBusiness.co.za
  • Thank you received: 48
Mara Scholtz wrote:
We found a good tool to make email marketing work

What tool is this? :huh:
http://www.MSBonline.co.za - Web design, hosting, internet marketing & CRM
http://www.MSBaccounting.co.za - Pastel accounting & bookkeeping services.
http://www.ecohub.co.za - Natural health & wellness

Re: Driving School in Pretoria 11 years 10 months ago #2714

• Ben Grobler
  • MSB Junior Member
Thank you for all your replies.
We have the basics covered, but i feel we can reach more potential clients.
Our main market lies with 17 and 18 year old school kids as they need to get a licence at this age. I feel the younger generation are more inclined to use social media like FB, Twitter etc, but the parents are forking out the money so we also need to reach them.I have no knowledge about an e-marketing campain and are afraid to spam potential customers. We have built a database of about 5000 ex customers email and cell numbers and it MUST be used in some way. In my business we do not have repeat clients as it is mostly a once off transaction. Our clients comes from Yellow Pages 30%, website 10%, referrals 30% and the other is unknown. I am open to suggestions?

Re: Driving School in Pretoria 11 years 10 months ago #2715

• Peggie
  • MSB Junior Member
Hi Ben. What is the end result that you have in mind? Do you train learner drivers to pass a predictable test or do you train learner drivers the skills and mindset that goes with responsible driving in South Africa. I say that, because in SA we have unique challenges, eg. taxis, a large pedestrian population, decaying roads, long distances, etc. As I work in the road safety arena, it is of vital importance to me that road safety and the awareness of the dangers that the road poses, be an integral part of your training. As a marketing tool you can use this point of view to attract clients who have the long term view of becoming a safe driver and realise that the driver's license is a contract between you as a driver and all other road users. It is the same as training a person how to maintain and shoot at a target with a gun, and neglect to tell them that it is actualy a lethal weapon and should be used with caution. Having said all of that, you need a unique "handle" that appeals to the parent. They want to know that their child is going to be able to drive the car that they have bought without injuring themselves or run up huge insurance claims. Their minds need to be at ease. The message that you send out with your marketing is as important as the tool you use.

Driving School in Pretoria 11 years 10 months ago #2716

• Carl Muller
  • MSB Junior Member
  • Thank you received: 4
You biggest customer base are grade 12s and then school leavers. You must market your company at the local high schools. Go and see the life skills educator and tell them you will come a road safety lecture for free. Do it to grade 12s the beginning of the year. You might just double your income.
Just an interesting fact. In the black communities the guys charge up to R5000 to help a person to get his license. That includes all the training and then the appointments.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dylan Phelan

Re: Driving School in Pretoria 11 years 10 months ago #2723

• Michelle
  • MSB Junior Member
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Ben, online marketing can be a little tricky especially for newbies. But, good news we're here to help you. There are already a lot of driving schools out there so you should be equipped with marketing and promotion strategies to keep up with them and be ahead of them.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds