Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: I suck at it!

I suck at it! 12 years 9 months ago #1189

I am a great facilitator/trainer. I know so because all delegates say so. I know my stuff, can think on my feet, keep interest, make good use of humour, add great value, etc etc. My problem is I absolutely suck at marketing and selling. I am a one man show and have trained for large corporates to small business. I need to hook up with someone who will sell my skills on a profit sharing basis. You arrange, I deliver. We share facilitation fee 70/30. Any ideas where I can possibly start looking for someone to assist?

Current topical skill is on the Consumer Protection Act. To date I have facilitated 98 seminars, but all under the banner of some or other training company, so I get paid a fraction of what they charge.

Help, please......
Last Edit: 12 years 9 months ago by Rynardt Olivier. Reason: grammatical correction
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: I suck at it! 12 years 8 months ago #1363

• Jo-Ann
  • MSB Junior Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi

Try targeting one particular group of people at a time... ie estate agents, small business owners, recruitment agencies, small shop owners, etc. You can also advertise on My Dream Course and similar sites. Their response is good. Also contact specific organisations like institutes for specific people. Most industries are regulated by some or other body and could most probable advertise to their members if you give them a percentage. As to if I know of someone who could help you market your services, that is difficult. I suggest you employ a sales consultant who will be willing to work for commission. Later on you can upgrade their package to a fixed salary and commission. That is the best advice I can give. Hope it helps.

Re: I suck at it! 12 years 8 months ago #1400

Lets me start by asking you this question, Where is your location/ sometime we think that it doesn't matter where we are, but it does. Especially in this field of yours were extensive marketing is required to reach the final consumers.but the good news is, a lot of people need your services and you can get to them through site like this. never give up! cheers

Re: I suck at it! 12 years 8 months ago #1437

• Bennie
  • MSB Junior Member
Many ways to skin a cat - the way you market yourself has changed - people buy knowledge and not the

1. Get an agent - as what Michael Jackson does.
2. Get an online presence - get your own website, fb page, twitter account etc. and start blogging - share your knowledge by giving your opinion on topics. Ask friends to join and refer. Do a bi-weekly newsletter etc.
4. Use the R500 adwords voucher and advertise your services on Google. You might pick up a lead or 2 from there.
3. Let delegates rate you and add the following questions to the rating page. Would you recommend me? To whom ______, contact number and email address.

This is cheap, but effective - slow to start, but as you build your referral base up and keep delivering value you will always be in business.

All the best!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dylan Phelan

Re: I suck at it! 12 years 8 months ago #1438

• Dylan Phelan
  • Founder of mySmallBusiness.co.za
  • Thank you received: 48
Gonetbusiness wrote:
4. Use the R500 adwords voucher and advertise your services on Google. You might pick up a lead or 2 from there.

Although Adwords is not my first choice when it comes to marketing, I would expect you to pick up more than "a lead or two" off R500 credit.

At the end of the day, make sure that you can measure where your leads are coming from. If you're using Adwords, set up your Analytics correctly so that you can track leads / conversions etc
http://www.MSBonline.co.za - Web design, hosting, internet marketing & CRM
http://www.MSBaccounting.co.za - Pastel accounting & bookkeeping services.
http://www.ecohub.co.za - Natural health & wellness

Re: I suck at it! 12 years 8 months ago #1440

• Bennie
  • MSB Junior Member
For sure - what I meant was that you should use resources at your immediate disposal.

Dylan, what would your first choice then be? If not MSB?

Re: I suck at it! 12 years 8 months ago #1487

• Paul Sondergaard
  • Junior Boarder
I like Platinum Rentals advice. Find yourself a niche market. Best way to do that is analyse the 98 seminars you have done and what industry opr profession comes out as the most attended, or that that gave you the best response. That may be your niche market.
Then list everyone, of seniority, that you were in contact with from those seminars. Go to them and ask their help in referring you to others in their profession - that you use them as a referral and they give you a good report. Thats just one step.
Then rather contract a consultant on marketing to improve your image and to do a focused campaign for you.
Don't go and give away a percentage of your earnings when you can outsource the skills needed and keep 100%

Re: I suck at it! 12 years 9 hours ago #2600

One thing I could say is that you need to have a certain degree of confidence on your skills if you want to successfully sell yourself to customers. And you seem to have that in spades. However, that's not all there is to it, and if you want to hire someone to handle marketing for you, make sure it's someone who understands you very well.
Make Your Own Business Cards Online with PrintPlace Business Cards: Video

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds