Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Review my website

Review my website 11 years 5 months ago #3157

Hi guys,

I would appreciate it if you can review my website and tell me what you would suggest / change / edit.

www.1stclothing.co.za

Thanks in advance.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Review my website 11 years 5 months ago #3159

• MyWebShop
  • MSB Junior Member
Hi,
I had a look at your site. Is there a reason why you embedded your Catalogue inside your parent site. I use Chrome for browsing and the Catalogue does not display fully.

Why dont you consider getting an ecommerce website? I would recommend using wordpress for this type of site where you can have content as well as ecommerce functionality all in one.

Regards
Tyrelle
MyWebShop (www.mywebshop.co.za) - Website design, Advertising & Hosting.
Contact me for Business Websites, eCommerce Website, Business Email and Adwords advertising

Re: Review my website 11 years 5 months ago #3162

Hi there,

Thank you Tyrelle for the review.

The website has now been changed and our developer discovered a broken link!!!

Our catalogue is now displaying and our e-commerce site is in development.
Although the company doing the e-commerce site is charging us R45 000.00 Does this sound like too much?

Regards,

Alwyn

Re: Review my website 11 years 5 months ago #3163

• Dylan Phelan
  • Founder of mySmallBusiness.co.za
  • Thank you received: 48
Barron Clothing Suppliers wrote:
Does this sound like too much?

you could get it done at a fraction of that price.
http://www.MSBonline.co.za - Web design, hosting, internet marketing & CRM
http://www.MSBaccounting.co.za - Pastel accounting & bookkeeping services.
http://www.ecohub.co.za - Natural health & wellness

Re: Review my website 11 years 5 months ago #3165

• MyWebShop
  • MSB Junior Member
Wow dude that's way too much.
If you want I could give you a quote based on your requirements. Send me a private message.

Our basic ecommerce website starts from R100pm. This is to sell up to 15 products.
We do have another option for unlimited products which costs R250pm.
Both includes domain and hosting.

Regards
Tyrelle
MyWebShop (www.mywebshop.co.za) - Website design, Advertising & Hosting.
Contact me for Business Websites, eCommerce Website, Business Email and Adwords advertising

Re: Review my website 11 years 5 months ago #3167

• WEBZO.co.za
  • MSB Junior Member
Hi I could give you an Ecommerce Website for R499 setup fee and R149 a month thereafter. PM me for more details
Barron Clothing Suppliers wrote:
Hi there,

Thank you Tyrelle for the review.

The website has now been changed and our developer discovered a broken link!!!

Our catalogue is now displaying and our e-commerce site is in development.
Although the company doing the e-commerce site is charging us R45 000.00 Does this sound like too much?

Regards,

Alwyn

Re: Review my website 11 years 5 months ago #3169

• Alfred
  • MSB Junior Member
  • Thank you received: 2
I would go for an ecommerce program like prestashop (see www.prsestashop.com) You can for example link it to an accounting package, this is a must if your prices changes regularly. If you are going to handle for example 100+ items, then you must link it to an accounting package like SI+ (see www.smart-it.co.za) The cost will be R4800 for the accounting package and web site. You can look at essentialit.co.za for a prestahop web shop linked to SI+. Also make sure that your site can handle different attributes such as size, colour, material etc. if you are going to sell clothes

Re: Review my website 11 years 5 months ago #3185

Hi

I came across this post and had a look at your website. From someone who trades in website design and functionality, here are my humble opinions.

1. Don't use Joomla for this. Wordpress has some great functionality. If you have some time lookup get-shopped.org. It's a WordPress plugin that offers great ecommerce functionality. Also, their templates are a WHOLE lot better.

2. Always be careful about the images you use in your website. A scramble to add "feature" can often end up in plain, boring websites. In your case, clothing printing and that woman sitting in front of her laptop on your home page have nothing in common except maybe the clothes she's wearing?? :D

3. I firmly reject any form of blog style posts on a home page. The first page I see on your website needs to captivate me to stay. This isn't currently doing that for me. I'd like to see something that screams clothing and gifts.

4. Consider the image you're trying to portray. I just don't get an image from your website. I feel like it's a slightly enhanced classified website.

5. What's with the random "South Africa" image at the bottom of your home page?

6. Enquire with Barron if they have any sort of API that you can access so that your designer can integrate the catalogue in a much nicer way. I hate hate hate iframes and windows in windows. They are nearly the worst invention ever!

7. Invest in a good copywriter. I can't stress enough the power of language and good communication in a written format. Remember that image point I made above? ........

8. What is the motivation to register on your website. Unless it offers a really cool feature where I can customise my clothing or view my history of orders then it may not be of much use except to register your user on Joomla - and then what?

9. I love the parcel tracking feature....

I'm sorry if I sound harsh. Really, just getting out there is a great step but be careful. If you plan on growing, spend some time on your online image. It'll be worth it in the end. I've designed websites for international clients and I can't stress enough the importance of creating a strong brand.

Don't let your website come across as home made or amateurish. The website is an unlimited pool of money if you brand yourself correctly.

Feel free to PM me if you need some help.

Re: Review my website 11 years 5 months ago #3186

One more thing - magento is a platform similar to Wordpress that was designed specifically to be an online shop. It's one of the most widely supported and feature rich ecommerce platforms available.

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds